Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A little bit about myself

If you read the interview on me by Create! Eugene http://createeugene.com/2013/06/meet-the-artist-sheri-smith-pine-needle-creations/ , you know a little bit about me.
I am an artist, but as most artists, I don't make a living at it. That is the dream of course, although I think teaching my basket making skills will allow me to create and share my passion at the same time.
Since the  Holiday Farm Restaurant burned down last April 2, 2012 my life has changed considerably. Although I relish me evenings at home  and my free weekends, my income has diminished considerably.
Prior to the fire I had been a landscaper by day and I continue to do this.  I get my creative juices out my designing and planting gardens. I love perennial gardens with loads of flowers and texture.
I am currently working on an amazing landscape on the river with a canal running through it as well. It has been a life saver in many ways.
Gardening and basket making seem to go hand in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment