Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Elk, out my back door.


We live in a  scenic area with very few neighbors  and have the awesome joy of having a herd of elk visit us on a regular basis.
Yesterday was the first time this season they brought out their calves in our back field. They do this every May,  so this year I was wondering when I would see them.
 For about a week there have been only a few coming from the woods out back,  not the usual 20-40 we usually see.
There are nights they sleep in the field and we wake up to them, sometimes having breakfast on my flowers.
 Although I am an avid gardener of mainly flowers, the vegies are fenced in, and every year  I loose many plants, I still relish cohabitating with them.
Just another day in paradise!
www.pineneedlecreation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment